River Oaks; A Brief Summary of the Town and its History
Order Cialis Soft 20 mg cheap River Oaks is a small, Texan town to the Northwest of Fort Worth. River Oaks acts as a suburb, bedroom community, and supporting town to Fort Worth. As of the United States Census Bureau of 2000, there were 6,985 people, 2,713 households, and 1,888 families residing in the city itself.
buy Cialis Soft Sweden River Oaks is located in a naturally wooded area defined by the meandering course of the West Fork of the Trinity River, just downstream from Lake Worth. The name of the city celebrates these natural features of the landscape by reminding residents of the many mature oaks trees throughout the city and the close proximity of the Trinity River corridor and the recreational amenities of Lake Worth. The City of River Oaks is approximately 1.9 square miles in area on the west side of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex in North Central Texas.
cheap Cialis Soft USA The roots of the City of River Oaks can be traced back to the 1800’s. In 1849 the first settler, Mr. James Ventioner, built a log cabin in the River Oaks area. His farm extended from the present Northside High School, then west beyond Ohio Garden Road and spread northward to Roberts Cut Off. Mr. Ventioner donated land for a school where the present day Castleberry Elementary is located.
Drug Abuse and Addiction, a Steeply Climbing Problem
Drug abuse and addiction has been an increasing problem across the entire United States, particularly in the last fifteen years. More and more illegal street drugs are being smuggled into and manufacturers in this country each year. Also, more and more pharmaceutical drugs are being produced each year, and these are just as dangerous, deadly, and addictive if not more so than illegal street drugs. All of the statistics regarding drug abuse have been increasing lately:
- According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s, (SAMHSA), official National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 23.5 million persons of the age of 12 or older needed immediate treatment for an illicit drug or alcohol abuse problem in 2009. This figure represents 9.3 percent of persons in this age group. Of these, only 2.6 million, or 11.2 percent, of those who needed treatment actually received it at a specialty facility.
- To take one year at random, in 2009 there were nearly 4.6 million drug-related emergency room visits nationwide. These visits included reports of drug abuse, adverse reactions to intake of drugs, or other drug-related consequences and physical issues.
- In 2012, an estimated 29.1 million people, or 11.2 percent of the persons in the age group of 12 or older, had driven under the influence of alcohol at least once in the past year.
- The unprecedented rise in overdose deaths in the United States in the last several years exactly parallels a 300% increase since 1999 in the sale of strong, prescription painkillers. These drugs were involved in 14,800 overdose deaths in 2008, which more than cocaine and heroin combined.
- Drug overdose was the leading cause of injury-induced death in 2012. Among people from the ages of 25 to 64 years old, drug overdose caused more deaths than all of the motor vehicle traffic crashes.
- The drug overdose death rate has more than doubled from 1999 through 2013, and is still increasing at an exponential rate today.
Purchase online Cialis Soft 20 mg Inpatient Drug Addiction Rehabilitation Centers; Hope for River Oaks
There is a silver lining in all of this despite the tremendous grievances that come along with drug abuse. In spite of the severely increasing drug problem in River Oaks, Fort Worth, Texas, and the United States as a whole, the amount of inpatient rehab centers in Texas and in the United States has also been increasing. Inpatient rehab centers act as the single most successful approach to curing drug addiction. For any individual in River Oaks and the surrounding area that may be struggling with a drug addiction, it is strongly recommended that he or she seek out the assistance of an inpatient, residential drug addiction rehabilitation center.