That being said, the drug culture in Fort Worth has prompted city officials to initiate a variety of methods to bring some measure of control over the alcohol problem. For example:
- the first drunk driving offense brings a sentence of at least 3 days or as much as 6 months in jail
- the second drunk driving offense puts the offender in jail for a year
- the third drunk driving offense can impose a 2-year sentence in jail
- hefty fines of up to S10,000
- suspended licenses
Of course, statewide strategies are in place for apprehending and incarcerating drug dealers and users, also.
Making a Difference and Saving Lives
Fort Worth citizens take an active role in drug awareness and prevention campaigns. Additionally, there are a number of organizations dedicated to this cause. For instance, The Recovery Resource Council promotes recovery from addictive substances. Also, the Fort Worth Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse reaches out to addicts to help them get into treatment.
Finding Help for Addiction in Fort Worth
Professional addiction treatment facilities can be found all across the state of Texas. The important thing to remember is that not all of these facilities are alike in their approach to treatment. That being said, you need to have some idea of what to expect so you can make an informed choice. Below are a few questions you should ask about a facility before making a final decision:
- are the counselors credentialed
- is the facility CARF certified
- do they offer detox on site
- is the program open-ended
- do they accept insurance
- can family visit or be involved
- do they offer faith-based therapy or other options
- can they accommodate dual-diagnosis patients
- what are their success rates
- do they offer aftercare services
Of there are probably more questions you may have. Make a list an have it ready when you call the facility. In this way you will be assured of choosing a program that is right for your situation.
In addition to the above questions, you might also want to learn about the program options. For example, do they offer:
- group and individual counseling
- music and art therapy
- massage, yoga, martial arts
- exercise and fitness programs
- nutritional guidance
- life skills training
- GED preparation
- parenting classes
- relaxation and personal time, meditation
- aftercare services
Your most effective program is one that can be adapted to fit your preferences. Another thing you should consider is location. You might want to get as far away from your troubling environment as possible. Or, you might prefer to stay close to home so their families can visit. Either way, you should be able to find a facility that suits you.
Let Us Help You Find the Best Facility
The process of choosing the best drug treatment facility can be challenging due to the number of programs available today. However, help is just a phone call away. If you are in the Fort Worth area and need to begin a treatment program, call our toll-free number today.
In Fort Worth, as well as every major city across the US, alcohol, and drug activity is a costly and time-consuming issue. If you succeed in overcoming your addiction, then our efforts have been worth every second.